Friday, August 7, 2026

on repeat: malcolm todd 🎧

hiii alrighty i think that malcolm todd lowkenuinely took over my life a little. 

i fr fr don't know what malcolm todd puts into his music, but whatever it is, its working for me. literally every time i do anything i end up just sitting there, then i wonder how i somehow got through an entire album. 


his newer song, "x's & o's," has been on repeat ever since I heard it. It's like one of those songs that somehow makes you want to dance slowly around your room while also staring at the ceiling thinking about your entire life... the melody is so so addictive, the whole song just scratches a part of my brain that nothing else does. i literally cannot stop playing it.

but as much as I love his newer music, i will always have a soft spot for "hot in ny." its also my fav song, feeling like a late-night drive with the windows down when your thoughts are louder than the music. It's def more vulnerable, and somehow says so much without trying too hard. 

without being over dramatic, it is somehow like it was written for people who like... overthinks everything? 

i honestly think he's one of those artists people are going to look back on and say, "I kinda wish I started listening sooner." especially since he's kinda becoming more mainstream... 

So yeah, if you need me, I'll probably be listening to his music for the hundredth time. malcolm todd just gets it, and that's exactly why I can't stop listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment